Saturday, August 11, 2012

Background and Purpose

After teaching 6th grade math for 2 years, I decided to go to graduate school to get my masters in secondary education and ESL. While in school, I am substituting teaching. As I enter my second year of substituting, I realized that there are a lot of strategies, techniques, and activities that I'm learning by substituting. Subbing gives me the opportunity to be in a variety of classrooms, get experience in multiple subjects, and work with a myriad of age groups. I don't want to forget everything I have learned from substituting when I get a permanent teaching position. This summer I went to see Harry Wong. (Strange name I know, but if you are in education and don't know who Harry Wong is, you need to look him up!) He says that good teachers STEAL or SHARE information, ideas, activities, etc. So feel free to steal anything from this blog that you want and adapt it for your classroom.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Sarah,

    I may show my husband this blog! He's applied to sub as he looks for a permanent teaching job, too! Thanks for sharing!

    Also, I tried to go read your other blog, but it wouldn't let me go to your page! I'd love to read that one, too.

    Lindsey

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lindsey,

      I hope to have lots of good ideas for subs and teachers! What does your husband want to teach?

      Until the other day, I hadn't posted in my other blog in 2 years. I think I may have some strange privacy settings on that blog. Anyway, I'll try to figure out how to fix it so you can see it.

      I'm still figuring out how this how the new blogger interface works.

      Thanks for reading!
      Sarah

      Delete